At National Training Rinks all of our training and instruction has been developed with the expertise of over 50 years of NHL Hockey and high level coaching and instructional experience. Mike Gartner, NHL Hall of Famer, and Wes Jarvis, retired NHL player, developed and expanded NTR’S unique approach to hockey instruction from beginners to elite hockey players.
This tradition of quality instruction is now available at our Richmond Hill facility led by Rick Cornacchia, who has over 30 years of high level instruction and coaching experience including 11 years as a coach in the OHL, highlighted by winning the 1990 Memorial Cup as coach of the Oshawa Generals, and coaching Canada’s National Junior Team. In addition to the NTR staff, our specialty programs are supported by proven professional instructors.
Philosophy and Program
National Training Rinks delivers a unique, proven learning experience in programs from Learn To Skate to elite specialized hockey training.
We strongly believe our unique rink design enables a higher degree of learning at all levels. Learning in a small environment creates faster/better skill development.
We are also committed to more personalized instruction which is achieved through SMALLER CLASS SIZE. Smaller class size allows for more individual attention and a higher repetition rate of drills.
National Training Rinks Guidelines
- Ice Resurfacing (floods) are part of the program time.
- Participants may only attend classes on the day they are registered.
- NTR reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule any class due to enrolment.
- NTR reserves the right to move participants to the appropriate class for their skill level.
- Payment in full must be paid at time of registration.
- A $25 returned cheque (NSF) fee will be charged.
- Absolutely no refunds after the third week of classes.
- Refunds requests will be charged a 10% administration fee.
- For all skating programs a helmet with full facial (mask) protection is Mandatory.