NTR's Introduction to Power Skating program is for children ages 4 and up.This program will teach players specific skating skills such as proper stopping techniques, pivot turns, backwards skating, stride development and agility. This is not a class for first time skaters. Players must have graduated from the Learn to Skate program and/or meet the minimum skill requirements listed below.
- Able to skate the length of the ice unassisted
- Able to skate using both feet
- Able to stop & snowplow
- Each class is approximately 1 hour long, with a guaranteed smaller class size and adequate student to instructor ratio.
- All skaters are required to wear a CSA approved hockey helmet with a full facial mask. As well they must be wearing full hockey equipment. Please remember the neck guard, jersey and socks. They will need a hockey stick as well.
- A NTR staff has the right to move your child to another class if they feel the program is more appropriate for them.
Please note: the cost of all classes are prorated to reflect the number of weeks remaining in the program. The prorated amount will appear when you reach the payment stage of the registration.
Winter programming starts January 4th, 2020 and runs until April 3rd, 2020.