NTR's Introduction to Power Skating program is for children ages 4 and up.This program will teach players specific skating skills such as proper stopping techniques, pivot turns, backwards skating, stride development and agility. This is not a class for first time skaters. Players must have graduated from the Learn to Skate program and/or meet the minimum skill requirements listed below.
- Able to skate the length of the ice unassisted
- Able to skate using both feet
- Able to stop & snowplow
- Each class is approximately 1 hour long, with a guaranteed smaller class size and adequate student to instructor ratio.
- All skaters are required to wear a CSA approved hockey helmet with a full facial mask. As well they must be wearing full hockey equipment. Please remember the neck guard, jersey and socks. They will need a hockey stick as well.
- A NTR staff has the right to move your child to another class if they feel the program is more appropriate for them.