Winter 2023 Program Registration Now Open!
NTR's Learn to Skate for Hockey program is perfect for young skaters who want to play hockey but are not quite ready to skate with pucks. This program requires full hockey equipment (including stick) but is entirely focused on skating fundamentals specific to hockey. Skaters will be taught proper stride fundamentals, stopping, turning and edges and proper stick position in this class. Each class will conclude with 10 minutes of “puck time” where players will play fun games that include pucks.
- Skaters must be a minimum of four years old to register.
- Must be able to skate the full length of the ice, unassisted.
- Should be able to push and glide, not walking on the ice.
- Full hockey equipment (click link for guide) is required for the class.
- Each class is one hour long. Flood times are part of the scheduled program time.
- Each class will have a maximum of 20 skaters and approximately a 5/1 student to instructor ratio to ensure that each child is getting more reps and personalized feedback.
- NTR staff has the right to move your child to another class if they feel the program is more appropriate for them.
Please note: the cost of all classes are prorated to reflect the number of weeks remaining in the program. The prorated amount will appear when you reach the payment stage of the registration.
Winter programs start on Saturday, January 7, 2023 and run until Friday, March 3, 2023.
Fall Session Two Programs start Monday, October 31, 2022 and run until Friday, December 23, 2022.