NTR's Skating Development for Youth program is designed for children 7 - 14 years of age. This program is for players with limited skating experience. This program is designed to introduce or reinforce skating techniques such as forward and backward strides, stopping and turning. Players will also be challenged to learn new techniques such as backwards and forwards crossovers, pivots, and the use of inside and outside edges
- All skaters are required to wear a CSA approved hockey helmet with a full facial mask.
- All skaters must be fully covered (no exposed skin) and wear gloves that cover their fingers.
- It is not mandatory for snow pants and a winter jacket but it is recommended so they stay warm.
- Each class will be one hour in length, ice resurfacing is included into the program time.
- NTR reserves the right to move participants to the appropiate class for their skill level. This will ensure the proper development of your child’s skills, it will also increase their success and confidence.
- Refund requests will be charged a 10% administration fee. Refunds must be done prior to the start date of your third class in the session.