Elite Defence will improve a player’s overall ability to play the position. We will continue to build on and teach necessary foundational skating skills important to the game of hockey along with introducing skating skills, puck skills, tactics and strategies required of an athlete to be effective; contributing at the defense position.
Skills that will be taught, corrected and reinforced are transition, walking the blue line, executing escapes, shooting, introduction to breakouts, gap control, and defending stick on puck. This program is designed with a systematic approach to developing the player with the use of progressions and regressions to create new game habits.
- All participants must be currently playing A/AA/AAA level hockey
- Full hockey equipment with a hockey stick is required
- Each class will be one hour in length, ice resurfacing is included into the program time
- NTR reserves the right to move participants to the appropiate class for their skill level. This will ensure the proper development of your child’s skills, it will also increase their success and confidence.
- Refund requests will be charged a 10% administration fee. Refunds must be done prior to the start date of your third class in the session