This program is for the player looking to improve their skating ability and take their speed to the next level. Improving the players skating technique with and without the puck, continuing to reinforce foundational skating skills important to the game of hockey will be the main focus of this program. Athletes will be taught, corrected, and encouraged to challenge themselves in multiple areas of skating the game. Stride Length / Cross over + Acceleration will improve a player’s speed by way of focus on execution of proper technique. Establishing a strong base, length of stride, use of cross overs, correct use of outside edge in a crossover, acceleration while stationary and moving, turning/ change of direction are skating skills that will be taught, corrected and reinforced. This program is designed with a systematic approach to developing the player with the use of progressions and regressions to create new game habits.
- All participants must be currently playing A/AA/AAA level hockey
- Full hockey equipment with a hockey stick is required
- Each class will be one hour in length, ice resurfacing is included into the program time
- NTR reserves the right to move participants to the appropiate class for their skill level. This will ensure the proper development of your child’s skills, it will also increase their success and confidence.
- Refund requests will be charged a 10% administration fee. Refunds must be done prior to the start date of your third class in the session